December 31, 2016

Let's Bring on The New Year!

2017: Bring it on!
I'm going to work, work, work!

Things I am aiming to improve or work on:

-Be more organised. I am planning out ALL of my projects for 2017 with a set schedule. I am currently searching for a big yearly wall planner that doesn't look all office- like. If someone knows of one, please let me know!

-Finish some damn art and projects! I have a lot of those pieces that are in-between the excitement stage of starting or finishing a painting. For me, it's hard to keep going because I get a new shiny bright idea and want to move onto the next thing. I need to stay focussed! And when a piece is half finished it doesn't look much good. Because it's not finished! I have to remind myself that that is the reason why, and not because it's a failed piece. Over this  break I have picked a few old pieces up and finished them. My studio is smelling of varnish :) We also finished a couple of mosaic projects that I started ages ago with the kids.
-Stress less. I am a big stresser! I need to chill out and go with the flow more. I think being more organised and structured with my work will help, as I will not have to worry about how much I can get done. I need to enjoy my work more and realise I can only get done what I can get done in a day. And take breaks. Breaks are the best refreshers.

-I would like to say I will stick to a regular sketch book session and get back into exercise (I did start yoga again at the end of 2016), but whoa, one thing at a time! We'll see! (This year we have finally talked the Mr. Man into getting a pooch that will need to be walked.)

-My areas of focus this year are: improving my illustration skills through a MATS course that I'm currently taking (blog post coming soon), stick with creative blogging & tutorials, creating ranges of jewellery, and create lots and lots of art.
Creating some pendants for jewellery

-I'd also like to spend less time on social media (using that time to make art instead). I would still like to post as much as I do on Instagram and Facebook, but I check too frequently and then fall down the rabbit hole of scrolling through posts and then before I know it a half hour has passed. So, less frequent checking.
A pile of artwork on my desk.. some need finishing!

-I'm going to be cleaner! I don't really like cleaning but have realised a cleaner house and studio means my head is clearer to focus on creating art. I feel frustrated if I have house-y tasks hanging over my head.

I think these are attainable goals for the new year. I'm not a big fan of resolutions but for now I'm feeling the excitement of beginning a new year and am going to use that excitement to make some changes that I'm motivated to make.

I'll let you know how I go!!

Here's hoping 2017 is the best yet and you're motivated & excited too.

And apologies for the overuse of exclamation marks in this post!!

Jules :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10