November 29, 2016

It's a Colourful Creative Life

Recently we attended a dress up party. What happens when you have to go to a dress up party and you have been too busy to organise a costume? You raid the kids dress up box, that's what! 
"We're all mad here" -Alice in Wonderland.
Here's some more colour for you... Miss 6 creating some art that I was intrigued by. I was loving what she was doing. The fish was a bit of a dud creation that I made one day, so I let her use it.
And then I noticed she put pearls in her clam shells! Oh, how they surprise you!
And I have some ace news that I can't wait to share! It's a new crafty collaboration. My studio has been turned into a glitter and pom pom shrine :) It's so fun to be getting crafty lately. I will share very soon!

Plus, I have signed up for a MATS class (make art that sells). It's run by Lilla Rogers, an art agent in the US, and it's a professional course for illustrators wishing to take their work a step further and push the boundaries and learn more about the illustration industry in specific areas. Considering I've been out of the industry for almost ten years it will be a good kick start for me. And fun! Just because I love making art and learning. There's always something to learn. I'm just a bit concerned about who will do all the housework and cooking here though, as I just want to create art!

So I will share my MATS journey here. The MATS A class that I chose focusses on creating illustrations & learning about the markets for bolt fabric, home decor, children's picture books, wall art & gift.

Can't wait!

Jules :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10