June 02, 2014

Hello Winter

The first day of winter happened on the weekend. I removed our Autumn display, and scrounged around the house for some wintery elements for our seasonal appreciation table. The girls gasped with delight when they saw it and straight away set to work creating their own things in the studio to add to the table. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do during the season. They collect things right through the seasons in their pockets or bags and save them for the display. It's so sweet. We got this Steiner type idea from one of Soule Mama's books. She's one inspiring lady & Mama. I own a couple of her books. They are a delight. We also rang in the new season with lighting a fire. Too bad the rain put it out! 


We also had a visit to the beach. Barwon Heads to be exact, to catch up with an old mate that I did my illustration diploma with. here are the girls searching for exciting treasures.


I'm working in the studio today tying up odds and ends, photographing, colour correcting, varnishing, thinking, filling a couple of orders & drinking tea. I am a tea addict. I feel like I'm having a little break when I'm drinking tea even if I'm still working. I have a couple of new things in the shop. Including this guy:



Hopefully the more mundane tasks will be finished soon and I can get the paints out again. Being an artist is not just all time spent at the easel; there's so much other work that goes on behind the scenes.. like taxes... blurgh! But one can also get satisfaction when all the other tasks are completed. If it's winter where you are I hope you have a snuggly warm one with lots of wool & soup x


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10