May 24, 2014

The Red Fox Gallery Cafe

Popped into The Red Fox Gallery Cafe in my neighbouring town Drouin yesterday and met the lovely, talented artist and owner Wendy Olsen. She's certainly a creative soul who is enviously busy achieving all the things creative people would like to achieve! She's decorated the cafe with coloured paint, artworks, murals and unconstrained imagination. It's like this cafe has been lifted straight out of Fitzroy (Victoria, Australia) and planted in Drouin, and I for one, am very happy that a place like this exists close to me and am optimistic that it will inspire more creativity to blossom within our community! Good on you, Wendy.
If possible, the space has also inspired me to be more daring in decorating my own house. Wendy is definitely bold with her interior design choices, and that is admiring. I'm loving her ombre walls found in the restroom. She shared her technique for doing this and I would love to try it at home.
I discussed with Wendy hanging some of my art in the space too, so I'll be getting some pieces framed and ready to adorn the walls there. They'll fit right in, don't you think?

















The Red Fox Cafe Gallery can be found at The Old Drouin Butter Factory, 1 Main South Rd, Drouin. Live music every Friday night from 7.30. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10